CRO, conversion rate optimization, or conversion optimization is an internet marketing concept that is utilized as a method for creating a specific visitor experience when they navigate to or are redirected to your website landing page. The goal for the company is to increase the amount (expressed as a percentage) or visitor traffic that converts into paying customers. In addition to this, conversions typically occur throughout a business website such as on blogs, home pages, landing pages, and pricing pages.
In most cases, when a group of internet marketers are discussing CRO, they are usually talking about optimizing landing pages or webpages because these are assets that are comprised of numerous conversion opportunities that must be constantly optimized. However, CRO is oftentimes related to search engine optimization (SEO) but can also be applied where social media marketing (SMM) is concerned. Consequently, you can optimize your conversions in one of the 3 following ways:
- Content – by running an A/B test on your webpage content and those graphics, images, or visuals that are used to support them, this could improve your conversion rate
- Design – changing a webpage’s design is also another way to test whether or not you can achieve more conversions. Responsive website rank better due to increase organic clicks.
- Segmentation – this involves focusing on a specific segment of website visitors, whether they are intentional or unintentional visitors
Although there are other less common methods for doing so, these are just a few examples of how you can hopefully improve your website conversion rate. However, they will at least provide you with a basis for CRO experimentation. Additionally, here are some major principles that apply to CRO and SEO including:
- Get better search engine ranks on websites/pages that focus on a solo topic. This will increase the conversion rate.
- Change headlines and convert it to relevant headlines and content that will increase CRO and SEO.
- Replace animation and content presentations to improve the ranks.
- Use proper heading tags using clear content with SEO tags will ensure that that conversion rate will be improved.
If you would like more information on how we can help you to improve your landing page and website conversion rates or to learn more about our comprehensive line of marketing services, we encourage you to contact Cloud1 Marketing today. One of our company representatives will be more than happy to assist you.